Monday, April 22, 2013

Day 10

I remember painful snippets of my life in the time when it showed up.
I remember relaxing at my two-story home.
I remember enjoying the time outside.
I remember having a conversation with a neighbor.
And I remember feeling like I was worth something.
All those memories are just that now. Memories.

It started only ten days ago.
I was out on the corner of Main and Twelfth Street
Searching for jaywalkers, speeders, shoplifters
Just trying to do my job.
Then it showed up. It had a gaunt, hunger-worn face.
It had chains stemming from its ankles, worn and rusty.

We were stupid to let it in.
We were stupid to let it take control.
What were we thinking!?
I have to go now.
The Sentinels are out, and if they see me
They will get out the Instruments again.

No comments:

Post a Comment